National Law University Delhi organised a daylong ‘National Conference on Language Diversity, Endangerment, and Vitalization: Agenda and Roadmap’ on 21 January 2017, undertaken under the UGC funded research project on indigenous and endangered languages. Eminent academics who took part in the conference were Prof. R C Sharma, Head of the Department of Linguistics, University of Delhi, Prof. U N Singh, former Director of Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore, Prof. G S Bajpai, Registrar, NLUD, Prof. G Balasubrahmanian, Rector, Dravidian University, Kuppam, Prof. B N Patnaik, Retired Professor, IIT Kanpur, Prof. Vaishna Narang, Prof. Anil Sehrawat, Deputy Director, Amity University, Noida, Prof. Shailendra Singh, Head of the Department, NEHU, Prof. Smita Sinha, Head of the Department of Linguistics, Berhampur University, Prof. Shreesh Choudhary, retired Professor, IIT Madras, and Dr Rajesh Kumar, Associate professor, IIT Madras
- The Centre for Criminology and Victimology and The Centre for Constitutional Law, Policy and Governance at the National Law University, Delhi in collaboration with the Pepperdine University School of Law organized a two day Conference on Pre Trial Processes under the aegis of IQAC on the 14th and 15th of March 2017. Ms. Lisa Brackelmanns- Public Defender, Juvenile Division; Shabaz Shervani, Case work Director, Counsel to Secure Justice
- The Centre for Corporate Law and Governance, National Law University Delhi organised a two day National Conference on Corporate Laws on March 23-24, 2017. The inaugural session was chaired by Mr. Inder Mohan Singh, Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co. The panellists who chaired the other sessions were Mr. Sanjay Maria, Advocate Delhi High Court, Prof. T C James, President, NIPO, Sh. Dhanendra Kumar, Former Chairman, Competition of India and Mr. Sumant Batra, Managing Partner & Head, Kesar Dass B. Associates
- The University organized Inaugural ceremony of Late Mr. Justice Y.K. Sabharwal Moot Court Hall on 14 January, 2016 in India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi. Shri Arun Jaitley, Hon’ble Minister of Finance, Corporate Affairs and Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India was Distinguished Guest, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dalveer Bhandari, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India & Member of International Court of Justice, Chief Guest, Hon’ble Mr. Justice A.K. Sikri, Judge, Supreme Court of India and Dr. H.R. Bharadwaj, Former Law Minister & former Governor of Karnataka
- The Seminar witnessed wide participation from students, academia, stakeholders, lawyers and Government officials. Hon’ble Justice (Dr.) B.S. Chauhan, Chairman, Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal and former Judge, Supreme Court of India, delivered the inaugural speech. The Valedictory Session of the Seminar was presided over by Hon’ble Justice Gita Mittal, Judge, Delhi High Court. (19-20.02.2016)
- Mr Sanjay Aggarwal, Director, Procurement Policy Division, Ministry of Finance highlighted the vision of Hon’ble Finance Minister Mr Arun Jaitley to reintroduce the Public Procurement Bill in the Parliament.
- Mr Harsh Kumar, Director, National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Faridabad provided a brief background on legal framework on public procurement in India and the need to have a Central Law on Public Procurement in India.
- Smt. Smirti Zubin Irani – Hon’ble HRD Minister
- Sh. Ravi Shankar Prasad – the then Hon’ble Minister for Law and Justice
- Hon’ble Dr. Justice Dalveer Bhandari – Member, International Court of Justice, The Hague
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dipak Misra, Judge, Supreme Court of India
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice B. S. Chauhan, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India
- Bobby Chandhoke, Partner, Luthra & Luthra Law Offices
- Amar Sundaram, Head of Legal, Ernst & Young
- Prof. Ajay Shah, Professor of Economics, National Institute of public Finance and Policy.
- Prof. Babu Mathew
- Dr. Kiran Kamal from Bangalore
- HMJ Dipak Misra, Judge, Supreme Court of India, Former Chief Justice Delhi High Court & Chancellor, NLU, Delhi
- HMJ D. Murugesan, Chief Justice, Delhi High Court & Chancellor, NLU Delhi
- HMJ Sanjay Kishan Kaul, Judge, Delhi High Court
- HMJ J. S. Verma, Former Chief Justice of India and Chair Professor in Professional Ethics, NLUD
- Dr. Abhishek Manu Singhvi, Member of Parliament and Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India.
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice A.K. Ganguli, Judge Supreme Court of India
- Justice Mukul Mudgal was the Chief Guest
- Union Law Minster, Sh. Salman Khurshid
- Justice B. S. Chauhan, Judge, Supreme Court of India and Justice Geeta Mittal, Justice J. R. Midha, Judges of Delhi High Court
- Union Minster for Law and Justice Dr. M. Veerappa Moily. Smt. Sheila Dikshit, Chief Minister of Delhi