Home › Research › Research Centres › Centre for Transnational Commercial Law (CTCL)
Centre for Transnational Commercial Law (CTCL)
National Law University, Delhi.
Sector 14 Dwarka, New Delhi- 110078.
Mentor & Patron
DirectorDr. Risham Garg, Assistant Professor of Law, NLU Delhi.
| Advisory Committee
Professor Dr. Herbert Kronke
Director, Institute for Comparative Law, Conflict of Laws and International Business Law, Heidelberg, Germany
Professor Dr. Symeon C. Symeonides,
Dean Emeritus and Alex L. Parks Distinguished Chair in Law, Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon, USA
Professor Dr. Ingeborg Schwenzer
Chair Professor of Private Laws, University of Basel, Switzerland
Professor Dr. Michael G. Bridge FBA
Cassel Professor of Commercial Law, London School of Economics
Professor Dr. Bruno Zeller
Professor of Transnational Commercial Law
University of Western Australia.
Professor Dr. Stefan Vogenauer
Managing Director, Max Planck Institute for European Legal History, Frankfurt, Former Director of the Oxford Institute of European and Comparative Law, University of Oxford.
Professor Dr. Upendra Baxi
Emeritus Professor of Law, University of Warwick, UK
Distinguished Professor, NLU Delhi, Former Vice-Chancellor, Delhi University
Professor Dr. Mahendra P. Singh
Chair Professor of Comparative Laws, NLU Delhi
Chancellor, Central University of Haryana, Former Vice-Chancellor, NUJS
Former Dean, Faculty of Law, Delhi University
Dr. T. K. Viswanathan
Advisor to the President of India, Chairman BLRC,
Former Secretary General Lok Sabha, Former Member of Law Commission of India
Professor Dr. A. Jayagovind
Visiting Professor, NLU Delhi, Former Vice- Chancellor, NLSIU
Mr. Shishir Dholakia
Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India
Student Committee members:
|Tarun Agarwal||Saumya Bhatt||Aadya Chawla|
|Rohan Dhariwal||Shubham Gupta||R. S. Lakshman|
|Arpit Agarwal||Tanaya Rajawade||Ayush Singh|
|Neeraj Nainani||Ayushi Agrawal||Pragya Dwivedi|
|Nidhi Khandelwal||Archita Srivastava||Kartik Prasad|
|Ashutosh Singh||Mahim Dubey|
STATEMENT OF AIMS of the Centre for Transnational Commercial Law
The Central mission of advancing the body of knowledge of transnational commercial law in India is achieved through a number of objectives:
- To be a national leader in private and government transnational commercial law research and teaching.
- To be a centre of excellence in private and government transnational commercial law reform advice and policy evaluation.
- To provide consultative services to Government, Institutions and Organizations, dedicated towards development of Transnational Commercial Law and Practice.
- Publication of books, journal, magazine, newsletter etc on Transnational Comparative Commercial Law.
- To design and conduct courses - Certificate, Diploma and PG on Transnational Comparative Commercial Law and Practice.
- To be a national forum for academics, practitioners and regulators working in private and government commercial law.
- To conduct seminars/conferences, workshops, debates/discussions, clinics, trainings, etc on Transnational Commercial Law.
- To liaise with institutions, professionals, NGOs, governments, Public Authorities for conducting research and undertaking projects regarding Transnational Commercial Law.
- Any other assignment related to promotion of academic discourse on and practice in Transnational Commercial Law.
- To actively engage in deliberations involving the Unification and Harmonization of International Private Laws along with the UNCITRAL, UNIDROIT, The Hague Conference and similar institutions & organizations.
Activities/Events by the Centre for Transnational Commercial Law, during Jan-Dec 2016
RESEARCH GRANTS AND CONSULTANCYMHRD GIAN Courses
- Grant of US Dollars 12,000/- from Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India; MHRD GIAN Course on Comparative Contract Law & Practice, May 12-22, 2016; Invited Professor Stefan Vogenauer, Chair of Law Institutions of the Max Planck Society.
- Grant of US Dollars 12,000/- from Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India; MHRD GIAN Course on Cross-Border Business Law & Practice, October 10-23, 2016; Invited Professor Bruno Zeller, Professor of Transnational Commercial Law, University of Western Australia.
Symposium & Conferences
- 2016 UNCITRAL Asia Pacific Day, in association with UNCITRAL RCAP, “Whether the Uniform Sales Law is Likely to Improve ‘Ease of Doing Business’ and ‘Enforcing Contracts’ in India?” 2016 UNCITRAL Asia Pacific Day, at National Law University Delhi, 17-October-2016
- Conference on ‘Bankruptcy & Cross-Border Insolvency Laws in India- the way forward’; 14th May 2016, National Law University Delhi
- Talk on ‘India’s new Bankruptcy Law’, by a Panel comprising Mr. Sumat Batra Advocate, Dr. Rajeswari Sengupta of IGIDR, Mr. Pratik Datta of NIPFP, moderator Dr. Risham Garg. On 5th November 2016.
- Submitted an opinion note to the Chairman, Bankruptcy Law Reforms Commission, on Cross-Border Insolvency Regime for India