- The University organized Inaugural ceremony of Late Mr. Justice Y.K. Sabharwal Moot Court Hall on 14 January, 2016 in India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi. Shri Arun Jaitley, Hon’ble Minister of Finance, Corporate Affairs and Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India was Distinguished Guest, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dalveer Bhandari, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India & Member of International Court of Justice, Chief Guest, Hon’ble Mr. Justice A.K. Sikri, Judge, Supreme Court of India and Dr. H.R. Bharadwaj, Former Law Minister & former Governor of Karnataka
- The Seminar witnessed wide participation from students, academia, stakeholders, lawyers and Government officials. Hon’ble Justice (Dr.) B.S. Chauhan, Chairman, Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal and former Judge, Supreme Court of India, delivered the inaugural speech. The Valedictory Session of the Seminar was presided over by Hon’ble Justice Gita Mittal, Judge, Delhi High Court. (19-20.02.2016)
- On 2nd April 2016, the Roundtable discussions began with a session on ‘Innovation Economics: What can it teach IP Policy-making in India’, chaired by Prof. (Dr.) Prabuddha Ganguli, Ministry of HRD Chair on IPR, Tezpur University, Assam. The second session on ‘Assessing the Role of Patents and Competition Policy in Technology Markets: Business and Regulation Perspective’ was chaired by Mr. Pravin Anand, Managing Partner at Anand & Anand. The final session on ‘FRAND in India from a Comparative Perspective & the DIPP Discussion Paper on SEPs’ was chaired by Hon’ble Justice S. Ravindra Bhat, a sitting judge at the Delhi High Court. During this session.
- one day seminar on ‘Bankruptcy Laws & Cross-Border Insolvency in India- The Way Ahead’, May 14, 2016, was organized by the (CTCL), National Law University, Delhi. Hon’ble Justice Rajiv Shakdhar, Judge Madras High Court, in his Keynote Address, discussed the history of the Insolvency Code and the Companies Act of 1956, that earlier legislations were insufficient to address the modern needs of the market. Justice Shakdher mentioned that India’s experience with SICA is that a good law will come to nought if the administrators don’t apply it properly. Dr. T. K. Vishwanathan (Chairman BLRC), Highlighted the difficulties encountered and the challenges faced by the BLRC during the drafting of the IBC.Prof. Ajay Shah outlined the importance of Bankruptcy law in India. The 1st session was upon the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code 2016 (IBC), the panelists included, Dr. T. K. Viswanathan, (Chaiman BLRC), Prof. Ajay Shah of NIPFP & member BLRC, Prof. Anjali Sharma of IGIDR and Ms. Richa Roy of AZB & Partners.
- The Centre for Criminology & Victimology at National Law University, Delhi (NLUD) organized a Five days Vertical Interaction Course for IPS/ Senior Police Officers from July 25-29, 2016 in collaboration with Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D). The program was inaugurated by Shri Kiren Rijiju, Hon’ble Union Minister of Home Affairs,Govt. of India. The event was graced by the presence of Prof DR N.R. Madhava Menon , Dr. M.C. Borwankar ,IPS (Director general ,BPR&D), Prof Dr Ranbir Singh (Vice Chancellor NLUD). 25.7.2016
- National Law University Delhi in collaboration with the National Human Right Commission organised a two day national seminar on Good Governance, Development and Human Rights. Hon’ble Justice H.L. Dattu, former Chief Justice of India and Chairman National Human Rights Commission was the Chief Guest. The programme comprised of four sessions each dealing with specific linkages between good governance, development and human rights, namely Accountability, Transparency and Human Rights; Identifying Challenges to Good governance and development; and Creating digital democracy through e-governance. Each panel was graced by eminent panellist including Dr.R.Kaarthikeyan, Former Director CBI, Prof. Manoj Kumar Sinha, Director Indian Law Institute; Dr. Dinesh Tyagi, IAS, CEO, CSC, to name a few.
- The consultation was attended by representatives of NGOs like CURE and Action India amongst others, students and faculty members from NLU, Delhi and the University of Antwerp. The session began with the presentation of the concept of localising human rights by Professor Koen De Feyter, Chair of International Law at University of Antwerp. 24.8.2016
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice T.S. Thakur, Chief Justice of India was the Chief Guest and delivered the convocation address. Hon’ble Mr. Justice J.S. Kehar, Judge, Supreme Court of India and Visitor of NLU, Delhi presided over the convocation and Mr. Manish Sisodia, Deputy Chief Minister, Government of NCT of Delhi was the Guest of Honour at the convocation. 3.9.2016
- National Law University Delhi and CHRI, New Delhi, organised a two-day International Conference on Transparency & Accountability in Justice Administration System: Challenges and Resolution’ on 24th and 25th of September 2016. The inaugural session Chaired by Hon’ble Mr. Justice V Gopal Gowda, Judge, Supreme Court of India, Chief Guest & Key Note Speaker and also attended by Justice Mohan Pieris, Former Chief Justice of Sri Lankan Supreme Court, Guest of Honour
- The Union Law Secretary, Shri Suresh Chandra, was the Chair of this session. Mr. Mahendra Khandelwal, Additional Legal Advisor, Deptt. Of Legal Affairs, Ministry of Law & Justice, Professor A. Jayagovind, Mr. Lalit Kumar, partner JSA, Mr. Pratik Datta, Consultant NIPFP were the speakers. 17.10.2016