Support for Disabled Students
To provide support to disabled students, the university has established an Enabling Unit. The purpose of the Enabling Unit is to make life at the university more accessible for students with disabilities by working towards removing barriers that impede growth and development.The functions of Enabling Unit include:
- facilitating the admission of persons with disabilities in the university;
- providing guidance to persons with disabilities in the university; and
- creating awareness about the needs of disabled persons, and about other general issues concerning disability.
The Unit is coordinated by Dr. Maheshwar Singh, Assistant Professor. He can be contacted regarding
- anybarriers faced by disabled students in learning and accommodation in the University, and
- any discrimination faced by disabled students in the University.
- The University is fully wheelchair accessible, with ramps and elevators provided in all the buildings.
- The classrooms are equipped with mics and speakers for the benefit of those with hearing impairments.
- Examination timings are suitably modified for persons with disabilities as and when required.
- Suitable accommodation is provided to disabled students in the hostels upon their request.