Centre for Transparency and Accountability in Governance
Endeavors of the Centre for Transparency and Accountability in Governance, National Law University Delhi
Centre for Transparency and Accountability in Governance, National Law University Delhi has been constituted to upholdthe commitment of the rule of law and good governance. The Centre emphases on sensitizing people on transparency and accountability in governance; empowering people such as students, lawyers, and public officials to contribute effectively to ensure transparency and accountability in governance; and creating and promoting quality research in the area of transparency and accountability in governance. The Centre also provides,free of cost, for training, sensitization and consultative services on RTI to people. The Centre has organised national and International Conferences on good governance issues.
- International Conference on Transnational Corruption : Challenges and Resolutions, 14-15 March 2015
- International Conference on Corruption in Governance: Challenges and Solutions, 15 – 16 November, 2013
- International Conference on Transparency and Accountability in Governance: Issues and Challenges, 13 – 14 October, 2012.
- Panel Discussion on ‘Political Parties under the ambit of RTI Act 2005’, 24 August, 2013
- National Workshop on Freedom of Information: Challenges and Solutions, 6 April, 2013
- Book titled ‘Transparency and Accountability in Governance’ (ISBN: 978-81-923638-8-2), 6 April, 2013.
- Book titled ‘Conference Proceedings of the International Conference on Transparency and Accountability in Governance: Issues and Governance’ (ISBN: 978-81-923638-7-5) in parts of Volume 1 and Volume 2, 13 – 14 October, 2012.
- Collaboration with National Campaign for People’s Right to Information (NCPRI) in relation to Whistleblower’s Protection Bill, 2012 and the Right to Information Act. Especially, regarding the analysis of the protection for RTI activists under the Whistleblower’s Protection Bill. We have established a legal cell in collaboration with NCPRI which researches on contemporary issues relating to the right to information.
- We are presently coordinating with NCPRI, Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative India (CHRI) and Transparency International India (TII) in relation to the exemption of political parties from the ambit of the RTI Act.
- Invited by the National Campaign on Protection of Right to Information (NGO) for the discussion on framing of draft rules on the whistle blowers protection on 05 July, 2014 form 1030am-430pm.
Consultative Services/Training Programmes on RTI:
- Delivered a Spl lecture on RTI during International programme on training on legislative reforms for foreign nationals at the BPST, Parliament House Complex, New Delhi on 27 Feb 2015 from 11:45am-1:15pm
- On Right to Information on 01 December 2014 from 2.30pm-4pm at the Bureau of Parliamentary Studies and Training, Lok Sabha Secretariat, to 47 Foreign Delegates from 28 Countries.
- Provide Consultative services, and training on RTI, and other issues related to transparency and accountability in governance in coordination and cooperation with NCPRI, Transparency India International and CHRI, India, Dopt, Ministry of Personnel and Training etc.
- Delivered a speech on RTI and Corruption Control on 22 March 2015 during National Colloquium on combating Corruption and promoting good governance organised by the National Centre for Good Governance, Dopt and IBA-Cle Chair, NLSIU.
- Delivered lecture at the VV Giri NLI to members of NGOs Trade Union leaders from the North-East States on Right to Information from 2pm-3:15pm on 14 Jan 2015
- Delivered a Special lecture at the UGC Academic Staff College, Indore, M P during the UGC Refresher Course on “RTI endeavours in India and abroad” of teachers on 6 December 2014 from 230-4pm.
- On Right to Information on 17 Oct 2014 from 12pm-145pm at the Bureau of Parliamentary Studies and Training, Lok Sabha Secretariat, to officers of State Legislative Departments
- Special lecture at the Haryana Institute of the Public Administration on the Right to Information from 10-30am to 3-15pm on 17 July 2014 at Rohtak Haryana in a two days’ workshop on Right To Information Act, 2005
- A special lecture on the RTI Act, 2005 to the Officers of the Oil India Ltd, Government of India, on 7 July, 2014 from 1115-1315 at VVGNLI, Noida UP
- A Special lecture at the UGC Academic Staff College, BPS Mahila University, Khanpur Kalan, Hayana, during the UGC Orientation Course on the Rights under the RTI on 7 June 2014 from 1145 am to 1.15 pm.
- A special lecture on RTI from 2.15-5pm on 24 April 2014 for the Labour Officers of the North-East States in a training programme organised by the VV Giri National Labour Institute Noida.
- Delivered a special lecture on RTI from 2.15-5pm on 25 March 2014 for the Central Government Labour Officers organised by the VV Giri National Labour Institute Noida.
- Delivered a special lecture on RTI on from 11am-230pm on 25 Feb 2014 for Government Officers, Members of Panchayat, and general public, organised by the HIPA, Government of Haryana, at Panipat, Haryana.
- Invited to deliver special lectures on RTI Scheme in Haryana during State workshop on RTI for PIOs, and other Govt officials of Haryana Government, Jhajar, on 29 Oct 2013 from 10:30-2pm
- UGC Academic Staff College, University of Indore, two lectures on RTI on 7 March 2013 from 230 pm to 530 pm during UGC Refresher Course.
Forthcoming Events and Publications:
- Special Book on Corruption in Governance (May 1, 2015)
- International Journal on Transparency and Accountability in Governance (May 1, 2015)
- Filing of the PIL under A32 on RTI
- National Workshop on RTI with NCPRI, New Delhi
- MOU with the CHRI, NCPRI, Transparency International India and ADR
- International Conference on Accountability of Justice Administration System: Issues and Remedies (TBC) March 2016
- Special Book on Transnational Corruption (March 2016)