Home › Being at NLU - D › Admissions › Ph.D. › Eligibility
CONSTITUTION OF DOCTORAL COMMITTEEThe Vice-Chancellor shall constitute a Doctoral Committee consisting of the faculty of the University and external experts to supervise doctoral degree for a period of two years at a time.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
To be admitted to the candidature for a doctoral degree an applicant shall have:
obtained a Master’s Degree in law of any recognised university securing not less than 55% marks or its equivalent
- obtained a degree in law and Masters Degree with M.Phil in social sciences or humanities of any recognised university with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent
Provided that candidates with qualifications in social sciences and humanities may be admitted to the programme if the research they wish to pursue interfaces with the discipline of law with a special focus on Public Policy or Law.
- Degree in law and Ph.D. in any discipline.
- Judge of any State High Court in India with three years experience or Judge of Supreme Court of India.
- **A foreign student, who is interested to enroll from outside India from reputed University/Institutions may be allowed to be registered for Ph.D. in National Law University Delhi subject to the condition that one supervisor will be from the National Law University Delhi and one from the parent foreign University/Institutions of the student. He /She will be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test subject to the condition that he/she fulfills the other minimum eligibility conditions. The Vice-Chancellor will be competent to allow registration of such students on case to case basis on the recommendations of Doctoral Committee. The student will be required to visit National Law University Delhi for Viva Voce to defend his/her Thesis as per University Regulations.
The Vice-Chancellor may permit a member of the NLU, Delhi faculty to take up Ph.D. Degree course along with his / her teaching assignment in the interest of faculty improvement on the condition that his / her teaching and other responsibilities are not hampered in any way provided such candidates fulfill the conditions prescribed in the Ph.D. Regulations.
** Inserted vide E.C. Resolution No.2.3 dated 18.09.2012
- obtained a Master’s Degree in law of any recognised university securing not less than 55% marks or its equivalent